Community involvement and donations are greatly appreciated to help us meet specific, as well as ongoing, needs of our clients. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for our clients and frequently that goes far beyond providing mental health treatment alone. We have homeless individuals moving into an apartment for the first time who need all of the basics for setting up a household, children who need school clothes and warm coats, and many other needs. Wasatch Mental Health appreciates everyone in the community who assist us with our mission and truly make a difference in the lives of those with a mental illness.
Listed below are some current and ongoing needs. Please feel free to call about specific projects that you may want to do or talents that you have to contribute. Projects identified as potential Eagle Scout projects are suggestions and may or may not meet the requirements for an approved Eagle Scout project. It is up to the Scout to talk with his Eagle Scout Project Coach to determine if the projects meets all of the Eagle Scout Project requirements.
Call us for more information or email at BeAHeroWMH@wasatch.org.
Make Glitter Bottles (for calming)
Designed to soothe and relax, the swirling patterns created by glitter, water and food coloring are ideal for calming down a stressed out child (or adult, for that matter).
Glitter Bottles are just one tool in our toolbox to help children learn to soothe themselves, take a few deep breaths, calm down, and work thru their emotions in a healthy manner. Lots of recipes on Pinterest for making glitter bottles. Test some out to determine which type of bottle you like best and would like to make to help other people.
Wasatch House Thrift Store
The Thrift Store is currently in need of men’s clothing, in larger sizes. In good condition or gently used. Clothing is used to assist adult clients who are on extremely limited incomes as well as homeless clients. Receipts can be given for donations. Donations can be taken to:
605 E 600 South
Wasatch House also accepts donations of furniture that is in good shape. Please call ahead for furniture and larger items to make sure that we have enough storage space.
Want to help out and not sure how? Here are some ideas of ongoing needs for our clients.
- Moving. Many of our clients do not have cars and so moving into an apartment or into a new apartment is very difficult. Call if you are willing to help out with this on occasion.
- Trial Size and Full Size Personal Care, Cleaning, and Laundry products. Community Support Services. 750 N Freedom Blvd. Provo.
- Adult Clothing (in good condition) for our Wasatch House Thrift Store. (605 E 600 South, Provo)
- Volunteering in our programs. Share some of your talents and interests with both youth and adult clients.
- “Welcome to your New Apartment” kits. Organize a drive to get kitchen equipment, bedding, towels, etc to help an individual as they move into a new apartment. Community Support Services. 750 N. Freedom Blvd. Provo.
- Eagle Scout Projects. Call to see if we have any current needs or projects available.
- Donating or conducting a drive to collect new items for our Brighten a Client’s Christmas Program.