We don’t want anyone left without help. If you need assistance, cannot afford treatment, or have any questions, contact us at (385) 268-5000 You can also find other providers in Utah County and outside our service area at https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/.
Substance Use Assessments:
Utah County Individuals accessing any Wasatch Behavioral Health-funded substance use treatment service must complete an intake assessment at the Utah County Health and Justice Building. Assessments for treatment services for adults are on a walk-in first-come-first-served basis. We do not schedule appointments for assessments for adults.
Individuals may have substance use assessments completed for personal purposes, legal needs, or DCFS cases. Individuals attending assessments should plan up to 4 hours to complete all paperwork and the entire assessment process. If your assessment indicates that you would benefit from treatment, you will be referred and connected with a treatment program.
Walk-In Assessment Times for Adults are:
- Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 8:00 a.m.
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons at 11:30 a.m.
- For more information on Adult Assessments, please call (385) 268-5000
- For Youth Assessments, ages 14-17, please call: (385) 268 – 5042. Youth Assessments are completed at the Utah County Health & Justice Building (151 S. University Avenue, Suite 1400 Provo, Utah 84601)
Things to Bring with you to your Assessment
- Picture ID
- Proof of total income to qualify for the sliding fee scale (i.e., pay stubs, disability, unemployment, workforce services printout of benefits or lack of income, etc…)
- Medicaid Card (we can help you apply for Medicaid)
- Contact information for any entity you would like information released to (name, address, phone number, fax number or email address)
- List of all current Medications
- Copy of any current legal charges
Without proof of income, payment for assessment is $389 if you are not covered by Medicaid. This can be payable by cash, check, credit or debit card, or money order. Payment is not necessary at the time of service; however, there is a financial obligation as payment is required to receive a letter of recommendation. Payment is calculated on a sliding fee scale based on the Federal Poverty Guidelines: income & household size.
You will also be asked to provide a urine sample during your assessment. Fees for drug testing and recommended treatment services will be charged on a sliding fee scale if financial information is provided and if you are not covered by Medicaid.
If your assessment indicates that you would benefit from treatment, you will be referred & connected with a treatment program.
Instead of treatment, you may be recommended for Prime For Life®, an evidence-based prevention and intervention program designed to help people learn how to reduce their risks of alcohol and drug-related problems throughout life.
*All treatment services are limited to Utah County residents only. You can also find providers outside our service area at https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/